The Sennheiser HD 660 S is a high-end, open-back headphone model known for its audiophile-grade sound quality.
- Audiophile-Grade Sound Quality:
- The HD 660 S upholds Sennheiser’s reputation for exceptional sound quality. With a balanced sound signature, clear mids, detailed highs, and controlled bass, these headphones are a delight for audiophiles seeking an accurate and immersive listening experience.
- Open-Back Design for Spacious Soundstage:
- The open-back design contributes to a natural and expansive soundstage. This design choice is favored by many enthusiasts for its ability to create a more immersive and realistic audio experience.
- Improved Transducers:
- The HD 660 S features upgraded transducers compared to its predecessor, the HD 650, resulting in improved overall performance and fidelity.
- Low Harmonic Distortion:
- Sennheiser’s emphasis on low harmonic distortion ensures that the audio reproduction is clean and free from unwanted artifacts, preserving the integrity of the original recording.
- Comfortable for Extended Use:
- Designed with comfort in mind, the HD 660 S features plush ear cushions and an adjustable headband, allowing users to enjoy extended listening sessions without discomfort.
- Detachable Cable for Versatility:
- The inclusion of a detachable cable adds versatility, enabling users to replace or upgrade the cable based on their preferences or needs.
- High Impedance for Audiophile Systems:
- With an impedance of 150 ohms, the HD 660 S is designed to work optimally with dedicated headphone amplifiers, providing users with the opportunity to experience the headphones at their full potential.
- Premium Build Materials:
- Sennheiser’s commitment to quality is evident in the use of premium materials in the construction of the HD 660 S, ensuring durability and a luxurious feel.
- Open-Back Design Limits Isolation:
- The open-back design, while providing a spacious soundstage, allows sound to leak in and out. This makes the HD 660 S less suitable for use in noisy environments and may disturb those around you.
- High Impedance Requires Amplification:
- The high impedance of 150 ohms necessitates the use of a dedicated headphone amplifier for optimal performance. While this enhances the audiophile experience, it may not be ideal for users without such equipment.
- Not Suitable for Portable Use:
- The open-back design and high impedance make the HD 660 S less practical for on-the-go use. They are best suited for a dedicated listening environment.
The Sennheiser HD 660 S is a standout choice for audiophiles seeking a high-fidelity listening experience. With its refined sound quality, comfortable design, and premium build, these headphones cater to those who appreciate accuracy and detail in their music. However, the open-back nature and high impedance make them more suitable for dedicated listening environments with proper amplification.